areas of expertise
- Strategic Planning
- Executive Searches
- Operational Review
- Feasibility Studies
- Multimedia Rights
- Title IX/Gender Equity
- M.Ed. in Sport Administration, Georgia State University
- B.Ed. in Exercise and Sport Science, University of Georgia
Heather Ould is an experienced sport consultant with expertise in strategic planning, market research, feasibility studies, and operational reviews within intercollegiate athletics. She has served in a consulting role for many of the nation’s sports professional associations, athletic conferences, and athletic departments. Throughout her career, she has helped colleges transition to new divisions, completed analysis for conference membership changes, developed strategic plans for many of collegiate sports professional associations, and provided the insights to take significant steps in the history of an institution by starting athletics or adding sports. Formerly, Ms. Ould was the Chief Operating Officer for Collegiate Consulting with oversight of daily operations in addition to her consulting role. A sampling of her clients and services provided include:
• National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) – Membership Process Review
• Division II Athletics Directors Association (DII-ADA) – Strategic Plan, Salary Survey
• National Association of Collegiate Marketing Administrators (NACMA) – Strategic Plan
• Emporia State University – Operational Review
• University of Virginia’s College at Wise – NCAA Division II Feasibility Study, Strategic Plan, Year 1 Membership Support
• Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference – Membership Expansion
• Dalton State College – Feasibility Study for starting athletics
Prior to Collegiate Consulting, Ms. Ould worked as the Consumer Insights Project Manager with Strottman International, a Youth and Family Marketing Agency. Ms. Ould serviced major clients such as Best Buy, the American Heart Association, Chick-fil-A, and Pepperidge Farm to develop strategic marketing campaigns. Additionally, Ms. Ould oversaw the development of Strottman’s proprietary Kid Engineer Consumer Insight Group where children age 4-to-17 provided insight for client projects.
Heather is a frequent lecturer in both undergraduate and graduate programs in sports management/administration. Heather holds a Bachelor of Education in Exercise and Sport Science from the University of Georgia, and a Master of Education in Sport Administration from Georgia State University.
She serves as an expansion committee member for the National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association, as well as a sport official for the NCATA and USA Gymnastics. Her initial experience in athletics is from a 15 year coaching background having coached young athletes that went on to compete collegiately at Brigham Young University, University of Michigan, University of Kentucky, and University of Georgia including All-American Lindsey Cheek winner of the inaugural SEC Event Specialist of the Year in 2014.
If you’d like to discuss a current area of need, please fill out the form and we’ll be in touch ASAP: